Tuesday 12 February 2013

LOVE STORY

With Valentine's Day around the corner and love being in the air this week, I figured why not write a post on love! I decided what better way to do it then give you a love story. So, this is a little piece that I'm working on in one of my workshops. Hope you enjoy! 




I turn around and there he is. Ebony slits cradled in the shape of a half moon, empty and hauntingly detached, so distinctly prominent from the rest of his face, which appears bright and cherry. I am able to capture the real shadows that lie in the pinkness of his check. Shadows that seem so familiar to mine, I can't hep but stare in dismay. He stands there, hands crammed into his blue jean pockets, shoulders touching his ears, talking animatedly with the pianist, not noticing my existence, not realizing we are both standing here breathing the same air.

When he introduces himself to the class, and inhales to exhale notes pure and crisp, I feel like my whole body has become paralyzed. The song is bland, a popular contemporary song for most baritones, but hearing him sing it is enchantingly beautiful. I wonder how just his voice is able to make me hear the melody for the first time, and it fascinates me how the lyrics have hit me right through the heart, pleading for the song never to end and for him to never stop singing it.

For a moment he catches my eye, and in that moment, I don't see the man who put a gun to his head last week, ready to pull the trigger or the pride stripped from him, because he realized he has little to no money in his bank account or even the painful loneliness which has washed over him, devouring him whole. I don't see any of this when I look at him, because I don't know him to be this man yet. All I know in the quick exchange of a glance is I want to love this man with every being in my body.



Hope you have a Happy Valentine's Day :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment